Sunday, September 17, 2017

All's Faire in Middle School by Victoria Jamieson

Hi everyone! Today, I am recommending a graphic novel that I read recently. All's Faire in Middle School is a graphic novel written by Victoria Jamieson, the author of one of my favorites, Roller Girl. One summer, I remember reading Roller Girl over and over again. Every time I finished it, I would flip back to the beginning and start again. I was soooo excited when I heard the Victoria Jamieson was coming out with another graphic novel, and so I have to share it with you all!

All's Faire in Middle School, is about a girl named Imogene, or Impy for short. Impy's parents work at a Renaissance Faire, and Impy has spent her whole life there. Impy has been waiting her for her chance to become a squire for the faire, and to prove her bravery, she decides to embark on the treacherous journey of... MIDDLE SCHOOL! All her life, Impy has been home schooled by her parents while at the faire, so going to a public middle school for the first time... well, there are some difficulties...



Impy makes friends with a group of girls, who at first are super nice. Until, Impy finds out they are not. Her friends start to not only tease kids that they aren't friends with, which is horrible in itself, but they start to make fun of Impy as well. Impy has to decide whether being part of a group, or being herself, is important.

I would recommend this graphic novel to anyone who enjoyed Roller Girl, realistic fiction, and the Renaissance!

Stay tuned for more awesomeness,

Greek Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment