Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Star-Crossed by Barbara Dee

star-crosseddee.jpgHello everyone! Today’s post is about a book that I read almost a month ago called Star-Crossed written by Barbara Dee. I thought it was a really well written book, and the type of story that this world needs more of. Star-Crossed is a book from the perspective of a LGBTQ+ girl named Mattie, who likes both boys and girls. Throughout the course of the story Mattie realizes this fact, and comes to terms with it. Before reading this book, I had never read anything like it, but I am so glad that I did end up reading this book! Star-Crossed is a great novel, and I story that I can’t wait to share! So let's get ready! Get set! And... GO!




At the beginning of Star-Crossed, Mattie’s best friends Tessa and Lucy, get invited to popular girl Willow’s halloween party. Mattie however, is not invited. But Mattie has to go. Her on and off crush Elijah is going to be there, and this might be her only chance to get over him. So Mattie comes up with a  plan to sneak in…


When Mattie’s plan backfires, she is unmasked, and now has another crush, on the new British girl no less, Mattie ponders the question, Is it possible to crush on boys and girls?


As if that all isn’t enough, for Mattie’s 8th grade play, they are going to be performing Romeo and Juliet. Sounds super great huh? Especially since Mattie knows exactly who she wants to be. When the new British girl, Gemma, the one Mattie has a crush on, gets cast as Juliet, Mattie can’t be more happy for her. But when Romeo drops out, and Mattie is the only one to take his place, things get awkward between her and Gemma.


Mattie finally tells Tessa and Lucy what is going on, and together they come up with a way to interact with Gemma. Will Mattie ever find out if Gemma likes her too? Will Romeo and Juliet be a total disaster? Well, I’m sorry to say “I can’t tell you” but “I can’t tell you”. You’ll have to read Star-Crossed by Barbara Dee to find out!


I would recommend this book to people who enjoy Shakespeare, realistic fiction, and books with LGBTQ+ characters. I hope you enjoyed this post!


Stay tuned for more awesomeness,

Greek Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment