Thursday, July 27, 2017

Women in Sports: 50 Fearless Athletes Who Played to Win by Rachel Ignotofsky

Hello everyone! I hope you are having a great summer! As you may or may not know, in the past, I wrote a post about one of my favorite books titled Women In Science: 50 Fearless Pioneers Who Changed the World. Click here to view my post for Women in Science. The author of Women in Science, Rachel Ignotofsky, has recently come out with another book called Women in Sports: 50 Fearless Athletes Who Played to Win. I finished reading this book, and really enjoyed it, so I thought that I would go ahead and share it with you.


Women in Sports: 50 Fearless Athletes Who Played to Win, is yet another amazing collection of female athletes throughout history and their stories. I enjoyed reading about incredible athletes, and the boundaries they fought their way through. Women in Sports has a wide variety of female athletes from a wide range of countries. Something I really liked about it, was that I got to learn more about sports that I hadn't heard much about before, but I also got to learn about sports that I had never heard of, and the challenges that women have to face when playing them.
In these books, 2 page spreads are dedicated to one female pioneer, or athlete depending on the book. The left page has an illustration made by Rachel Ignotofsky, that woman's major accomplishments, and a quote. On the right page, there are fun facts about the person, and a page about their life, the challenges they faced, boundaries they broke, etc.

As well as writing and illustrating these books, Rachel Ignotofsky has other art. If you are interested, you can click here to see her website and click here to view a poster she made featuring female activists throughout history, which I particularly liked!

I hope you enjoyed my post, and that you will look into Rachel Ignotofsky's incredible work!

Stay tuned for more awesomeness,

Greek Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment