Sunday, March 11, 2018

Warcross by Marie Lu

Hey everyone! Happy weekend! Today I am here to share with you a book by an author that I have become very into lately. The book is Warcross by Marie Lu! You may recognize Marie Lu's name from one of my previous posts where I mentioned two books from her Legend trilogy, Legend and Prodigy. You can click here to view that post.

Early on in 2018, I read Marie Lu's Legend trilogy, and I loved it so much! I looked up quotes and fan art, and I am currently making my best friend read the series, and she really likes it too! I am constantly asking for updates about which part she is at...

Anyway, I started reading Warcross a couple of days ago, and from the moment I read the first page, I was hooked!
Warcross is a book from the perspective of an 18-year-old-bounty hunter named Emika Chen who lives in futuristic New York City. Desperate for money to pay off her debt, she accidentally glitches herself into the opening ceremonies of Warcross, a virtual reality game that the whole world knows and loves, in the hopes of making some money. Emika is afraid that she will get arrested for her stunt, but no, something extraordinary happens. She gets a call from Hideo Tanaka, the creator of Warcross, asking her to come to Tokyo and compete in the games in the hopes of finding a man called Zero, before he does something horrible.

Emika will have to use her hacking abilities and her wit to uncover the truth. But will the truth be anything like what she expects? Read Warcross by Marie Lu to find out!

I absolutely LOVED this book! I couldn't put it down, and the moment after I finished reading it and entered it onto Goodreads, I started to read it again! I would recommend this book to anyone who likes futuristic thrillers, Virtual Reality, and books that you just can't put down!

Stay tuned for more awesomeness,

Greek Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment