Sunday, June 11, 2017

The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin

Hi everyone! Have you ever heard of The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin? Well, it’s pretty famous. And I personally think that it is one of the best crafted mysteries, scratch that, books-- ever. Do you like mysteries? I do. And I especially liked this one.

I had read this book once with my dad when I was younger, but I didn’t remember much about it. Recently, I decided to read it again. Long story short-- I loved it! The photo I have here, is just ONE of the MANY covers for The Westing Game.

Most people would say that it all starts when the characters meet for the reading of Samuel W. Westing's will. I say it starts much sooner. Much sooner. To understand what I am about to tell you, I must explain a little about the story. Just a little-- no spoilers, I promise.


It all starts when they move into Sunset Towers. Who is “they”? The ones involved in the mystery of course! The residents are a mixed bunch. A doctor, a young track star, and a cook included. They never thought that their lives would become entangled in one of the greatest mysteries EVER-- but they did. Also, Samuel W. Westing is a millionaire. That makes things interesting. Very interesting.

When sixteen of the people involved are present for the reading of Samuel W. Westing's will, things get interesting! They are introduced to a game. A game that will discover the murderer of Mr. Westing, and the winner of the game. No one specifies if they have to play fair…

The Westing Game is a great read for people who enjoy mysteries, and stories with a bit more of a complicated plot. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys suspense and big surprises!

Stay tuned for more awesomeness,

Greek Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment